Monday, October 21, 2013

Worship in Portland

My first trip to Portland for seminary was…
worshipful, heart-wrenching, beautiful, tiresome, full of laughter, a constant community, & full of surrender….

A fellow student said it was like going up to Sinai for a week. I agree. I have not been spiritually fed this much in over 10 years.
What a rush of living water.

http://8tracks.com/theunyieldingdesire/enter-into-the-divine

We went to Imago Dei on Sunday while I was there, and I loved learning new things from them. They had this beautiful practice of a call to worship. Here is the link for the one I heard while I was there: Call to Worship.
All of my classes, fellow students, services, & surroundings called my heart into a constant state of evaluation, thanks, and worship.
When you come down from a mountain, you strive to keep the feeling you had at the top… I know it fades, but even if I could keep 20%, it would be a great hydration from the desert I was living in.  This is what I strive to keep. I will hold onto as much as I can… until we reunite again in February.
And in the meantime, I will strive to be wise as a serpent and innocent as a dove.
Blessings to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment